SCARTS - 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . Here's the latest SCARTS racing news as of Sun May 19, 2024 10:10 pm. . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . NEWEST MEMBER - Welcome https://turboscarts.darkbb.com/u138 to SCARTS! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . TURBOCHARGED CUP SERIES REGISTRATIONS - Registrations are up for the 2019 SCARTS Turbocharged Cup Series! Be sure to request a paint scheme! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . PHOENIX WINNER - Burnout wins at Phoenix, advancing himself into a fight for the championship with Dore at Homestead-Miami! . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . RACE 12 OF 12 - CHAMPIONSHIP RACE @ HOMSTEAD-MIAMI - Tuesday, January 7th @ 22 GMT . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . 2019 POINTS SYSTEM - 30, 25, 22, 19, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - - Bonus Pts: +1 for each 10% led (max of +5 for 50%) . . . . . . . .

2 posters

SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review

Burnout
    Burnout
    SCARTS League Director
    SCARTS League Director

2019 TC Cup Series : SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review 12_men10
    - Pole Count : 0
    - Win Count : 0
    - Top 3 Count : 0
    - Top 5 Count : 0
    2019 Throwback Series : #5 Farmers 2012
    - Pole Count : 1
    - Win Count : 1
    - Top 3 Count : 3
    - Top 5 Count : 4

SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review Empty SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review

Post  Burnout Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm

We've discussed how we should set the finishing order from Martinsville. The finish got screwed up by both lag and an obstruction from Reirom's car parked on the inside of the frontstretch.

It was tough but we decided to call the finish after completing Lap 249, the white flag lap. Studying the finish, lag didn't appear to be a huge factor until right after Lanz slammed into Reirom's car as the white flag came out. Burnout was leading the race at that moment, but was waiting for a time to let Lanz by after putting him into the wall a few laps earlier. Traffic got too heavy as Dore joined the lead fight that Burnout had to settle where he was running in the intention of not obstructing Dore or Lanz.

So the order was Burnout, Lanz, Dore at the white flag lap (a few frames later, Lanz rams into the parked car of Reirom) which per SCARTS rules is an automatic caution and a race caller if a race can't be restarted in time before the checkered flag.

Since Burnout owed Lanz a position, Burnout falls behind Lanz in the running order, allowing Lanz to inherit the race win. Dore had nothing to do with the situation between Lanz and Burnout, so he will retain his 3rd position at the line. There was however contact from Lanz in Turn 3/4 prior to the white flag, but it was deemed a legal move as Dore did not wreck as a result.

So in short, the race has been called after finishing Lap 249, which is also the moment Reirom got struck. Lanz will take the victory, Burnout will slide behind him in 2nd place (due to owing Lanz the position) and Dore will finish 3rd.
    dore
    dore
    SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

2019 TC Cup Series : #18 M&M Toyota Logo
    2019 Throwback Series : #51 Arris Toyota Logo

SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review Empty Re: SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review

Post  dore Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:41 am

lol a photo finish. I didn't realize Lanz had beaten me to the line there, but I looked back and it's right. Though I would've wrecked from Lanz's contact if Burnout hadn't been there heuheuehehuehue but that was when the lag was starting up anyway so it's fair enough. I remember just guessing with my turning there cuz I couldn't see.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:10 pm