SCARTS - 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . Here's the latest SCARTS racing news as of Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 am. . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . NEWEST MEMBER - Welcome https://turboscarts.darkbb.com/u138 to SCARTS! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . TURBOCHARGED CUP SERIES REGISTRATIONS - Registrations are up for the 2019 SCARTS Turbocharged Cup Series! Be sure to request a paint scheme! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . PHOENIX WINNER - Burnout wins at Phoenix, advancing himself into a fight for the championship with Dore at Homestead-Miami! . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . RACE 12 OF 12 - CHAMPIONSHIP RACE @ HOMSTEAD-MIAMI - Tuesday, January 7th @ 22 GMT . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . 2019 POINTS SYSTEM - 30, 25, 22, 19, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - - Bonus Pts: +1 for each 10% led (max of +5 for 50%) . . . . . . . .

3 posters

Suggestions for 2011 Race Videos

Shyguy
    Shyguy
    SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

Suggestions for 2011 Race Videos Empty Suggestions for 2011 Race Videos

Post  Shyguy Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:31 am

I now have Sony Vegas, and plan to do videos quicker straight after the event, aiming to get them out just half a week after the event. So, any suggestions for what you would like to see in the videos for 2011? Remember - I need to try and keep production time quick.

Something I would like is "live" commentary by real SCARTS members, this would save me a lot of time on the audio, and would be a really nice touch, it could also make the videos more interesting and funnier. Doing this would also eliminate the need for text commentary, so the only text I would need to put in would maybe be all the standings stuff before the race and all the results and standings after the race, instant replays, a lap counter, race of pitroad, restart order and yellow flag announcments, but there would have to be no explaining text with this. This would save me loads of time (I would do it before commentary was added, so that the commentators would have something to read from like they were commentating live). Of course I would be willing to commentate, so if anyone else wants to apply I would be willing for up to 2 others and special guests every now and again.. if it was really popular we could always have reserves.

Apart from that the other thing I would like is for the driver to record a "victory lane" interview or if he can't do that then just write a statement to include in the videos. Of course other interviews etc. would be brilliant too.

I may also scrap the flag videos and just replace it with a sorta flashing flag somewhere on the screen and the commentators could announce it.

If anyone is interested in commentary, or being a guest commentator, then apply to me either on this topic or via PM either on this forum or the main turbosliders forum.

If anyone has any other suggestions for what they would like to see on the videos, any are welcome and will be greatly appreciated, contact me on this topic or via PM again.

Cheers Smile
    Shyguy
    Shyguy
    SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

Suggestions for 2011 Race Videos Empty Re: Suggestions for 2011 Race Videos

Post  Shyguy Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:38 am

Oh something I forgot - I also plan to do a "Last time out" section where I have a two minute recap of the last race with music, the best commentary and the best action from the previous race.

If I can get these videos made really quickly - perhaps we could either make entirely new videos for the Rising Star and Old Timers League or just add a highlights section with highlights of those to the current video.
    CHarter
    CHarter
    SCARTS Moderator
    SCARTS Moderator

Post  CHarter Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:45 pm

all of these are fantastic ideas...my old MRO nascar leauge has similar press recaps on the wbesite..where I would write a summary for the race and have interviews from the top 3 drivers
    Burnout
    Burnout
    SCARTS League Director
    SCARTS League Director

2019 TC Cup Series : Suggestions for 2011 Race Videos 12_men10
    - Pole Count : 0
    - Win Count : 0
    - Top 3 Count : 0
    - Top 5 Count : 0
    2019 Throwback Series : #5 Farmers 2012
    - Pole Count : 1
    - Win Count : 1
    - Top 3 Count : 3
    - Top 5 Count : 4

Post  Burnout Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 pm

I think it was Burn or Raptor that mentioned victory lane interviews once. I like that idea.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 am