SCARTS - 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . Here's the latest SCARTS racing news as of Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 pm. . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . NEWEST MEMBER - Welcome https://turboscarts.darkbb.com/u138 to SCARTS! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . TURBOCHARGED CUP SERIES REGISTRATIONS - Registrations are up for the 2019 SCARTS Turbocharged Cup Series! Be sure to request a paint scheme! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . PHOENIX WINNER - Burnout wins at Phoenix, advancing himself into a fight for the championship with Dore at Homestead-Miami! . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . RACE 12 OF 12 - CHAMPIONSHIP RACE @ HOMSTEAD-MIAMI - Tuesday, January 7th @ 22 GMT . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . 2019 POINTS SYSTEM - 30, 25, 22, 19, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - - Bonus Pts: +1 for each 10% led (max of +5 for 50%) . . . . . . . .

3 posters

STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10]

Burnout
    Burnout
    SCARTS League Director
    SCARTS League Director

2019 TC Cup Series : STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10] 12_men10
    - Pole Count : 0
    - Win Count : 0
    - Top 3 Count : 0
    - Top 5 Count : 0
    2019 Throwback Series : #5 Farmers 2012
    - Pole Count : 1
    - Win Count : 1
    - Top 3 Count : 3
    - Top 5 Count : 4

STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10] Empty STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10]

Post  Burnout Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:28 pm

STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10] Standi47

In my application of the drops system, Lanz and Delux now have the opportunity to improve upon their past results. The races they scored the least amount of points in they can drop if they can score more points in any or both of the next two events.

Lanz has been quite dominant this season as his lowest point total earned was 17 at Watkins Glen. All he has to do is basically finish 3rd or better to drop the 17 and replace it with however many points he gets. Should he score worse than 17 points in the next event, this finish would be dropped and the 17 at the Glen will remain. In essence, Lanz is locked at 168 points and can only improve.

Burnout still has two starts left and must score wins and bonuses to catch him. The problem is, any points Lanz gains back makes it that much harder. Burnout can only gain up to 48 points in the next two events (winning and earning both available bonus points - 24 per race). Should Lanz gain back four points in any of the next two races, the championship is his.

Lanz must score at least 21 even if Burnout wins to still lock the title (a win or a 2nd place with both bonuses). That would make it mathematically impossible for Burnout to catch him at Homestead due to gaining four points back from The Glen.

If Burnout does not win Laguna Seca (max point total possible of 21 if he doesn't win), all Lanz has to do is score 18 points or better to clinch as it would make it a 25 point gap or more entering Homestead.

Trust me Shyguy, under my implementation of the system this is the case.
    JonnO
    JonnO

STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10] Empty Re: STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10]

Post  JonnO Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Can I ask, what are the points for top 10 positions?
    Shyguy
    Shyguy
    SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

Post  Shyguy Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Read my clinch scenario's I posted Burnout.. not sure where.. they are all correct, I've put them in the table.. I'm PRETTY sure thats what you are saying here but cant understand the way you are saying it.

EDIT

Shyguy wrote:Ok, Here's the Clinch Scenarios:

If Lanz wins, he is the champion

If Lanz finishes 2nd with one bonus point, he is the champion

If Burnout comes 2nd with no bonus points, Lanz is the champion

If Burnout wins with no bonuses, and Lanz comes 2nd, Lanz is the champion

If Burnout wins with no bonuses, and Lanz comes 3rd or lower, the championship will continue

If Burnout wins with one bonus, and Lanz finishes 2nd but does not get a bonus, the championship will continue

If Burnout wins with both bonuses, the championship will continue

That's a lot of situations Very Happy Now, the chances for Burnout may seem very slim. But if he DOES get past this stage.. well the complicated drops system then opens it up. Lanz would then have to beat his second worst result to guarantee the championship. At the moment, thats a second place with no bonuses!! If Burnout won with both bonuses at Homestead and Lanz finished 3rd, after Burnout had won with both bonuses at Laguna Seca and Lanz had finished 2nd.. Burnout would be the champion! Which is a plausible story. Haha, cheers Burnout, we spent a long time discussing how to simplify this system and I think I've got it Wink Look out for it in an upcoming F1 video! Smile
    Burnout
    Burnout
    SCARTS League Director
    SCARTS League Director

2019 TC Cup Series : STANDINGS: Dover [Race 8 of 10] 12_men10
    - Pole Count : 0
    - Win Count : 0
    - Top 3 Count : 0
    - Top 5 Count : 0
    2019 Throwback Series : #5 Farmers 2012
    - Pole Count : 1
    - Win Count : 1
    - Top 3 Count : 3
    - Top 5 Count : 4

Post  Burnout Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:01 am

Think about it like this. Our current points gap is 45 points. I am counting all of his eight starts and all my six starts - the actual raw points gap between us since he raced more than I did.

Lets say Lanz scores 21 points in the next race.

- That finish will replace the 17 points scored at Watkins Glen, bumping his point total by four (168 to 172).

- Now don't figure in my points yet - the gap goes from 45 to 49 points.

- Then if you add in my finish, it would be impossible to gain back 49 points even if I dominated the last two races. I'd gain 24 points and have to gain 25 points in the finale at Homestead. Impossible.

Again your system works, but mine is very straightforward numerically.

-------------------
    As for Lanz clinching, he has to finish 2nd and earn BOTH bonuses to clinch (21). If he gets 2nd with one bonus, that is 20 points (a three point improvement over The Glen) and I can tie him at Homestead and earn the tiebreaker scoring a perfect 24.

Lanz = 168 + 3 = 171
    Burnout = 123 + 24 + 24 = 171 (Tiebreaker - most wins)
    Shyguy
    Shyguy
    SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

Post  Shyguy Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:03 am

Oh yes, I forgot about the tiebreaker there. But basically Burnout, if you score 20 or lower, then it's over Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 pm