SCARTS - Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders - 2017 Season

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2017 SCARTS season is now upon us! Join us TONIGHT for Daytona 500 qualifying and our annual SCARTS Shootout @ 21 GMT!
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . Here's the latest SCARTS racing news as of Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:42 pm. . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . NEWEST MEMBER - Welcome ftronc to SCARTS! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . TURBOCHARGED CUP SERIES REGISTRATIONS - Registrations are up for the 2017 SCARTS Turbocharged Cup Series - choose your car now! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . RACE #11 @ NASHVILLE WINNER - Burnout won at Nashville stretching his fuel to the end! . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . RACE 12 OF 24: HOMESTEAD-MIAMI - Thursday, July 20th @ 21 GMT . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . 2017 POINTS SYSTEM - 30, 25, 22, 19, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - - Bonus Pts: +1 for each 10% led (max of +5 for 50%) . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . 2017 CUP SERIES: The Cup series is back - now called the Turbocharged Cup Series! . . . . . . . .

SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review

Burnout
    SCARTS League Director
    SCARTS League Director

2017 Turbocharged Cup Series : #2 Miller Lite
    - Pole Count : 6
    - Win Count : 5
    - Top 3 Count : 11
    - Top 5 Count : 11
    2016 Racin' Edge Truck Series : #29 Cooper Standard
    - Pole Count : 4
    - Win Count : 3
    - Top 3 Count : 5
    - Top 5 Count : 8

SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review

Post  Burnout on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm

We've discussed how we should set the finishing order from Martinsville. The finish got screwed up by both lag and an obstruction from Reirom's car parked on the inside of the frontstretch.

It was tough but we decided to call the finish after completing Lap 249, the white flag lap. Studying the finish, lag didn't appear to be a huge factor until right after Lanz slammed into Reirom's car as the white flag came out. Burnout was leading the race at that moment, but was waiting for a time to let Lanz by after putting him into the wall a few laps earlier. Traffic got too heavy as Dore joined the lead fight that Burnout had to settle where he was running in the intention of not obstructing Dore or Lanz.

So the order was Burnout, Lanz, Dore at the white flag lap (a few frames later, Lanz rams into the parked car of Reirom) which per SCARTS rules is an automatic caution and a race caller if a race can't be restarted in time before the checkered flag.

Since Burnout owed Lanz a position, Burnout falls behind Lanz in the running order, allowing Lanz to inherit the race win. Dore had nothing to do with the situation between Lanz and Burnout, so he will retain his 3rd position at the line. There was however contact from Lanz in Turn 3/4 prior to the white flag, but it was deemed a legal move as Dore did not wreck as a result.

So in short, the race has been called after finishing Lap 249, which is also the moment Reirom got struck. Lanz will take the victory, Burnout will slide behind him in 2nd place (due to owing Lanz the position) and Dore will finish 3rd.

SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

2017 Turbocharged Cup Series : #18 M&M Toyota Logo
    2016 Racin' Edge Truck Series : #51 Arris Toyota Logo

Re: SCARTS @ Martinsville Finish Review

Post  dore on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:41 am

lol a photo finish. I didn't realize Lanz had beaten me to the line there, but I looked back and it's right. Though I would've wrecked from Lanz's contact if Burnout hadn't been there heuheuehehuehue but that was when the lag was starting up anyway so it's fair enough. I remember just guessing with my turning there cuz I couldn't see.

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:42 pm