SCARTS - 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to TurboSCARTS.darkbb.com!

The 2020 SCARTS Summer Classic starts in late May. Be sure to register a car!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . Here's the latest SCARTS racing news as of Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am. . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . NEWEST MEMBER - Welcome https://turboscarts.darkbb.com/u138 to SCARTS! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . TURBOCHARGED CUP SERIES REGISTRATIONS - Registrations are up for the 2019 SCARTS Turbocharged Cup Series! Be sure to request a paint scheme! . . . . . . . .
SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . PHOENIX WINNER - Burnout wins at Phoenix, advancing himself into a fight for the championship with Dore at Homestead-Miami! . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . RACE 12 OF 12 - CHAMPIONSHIP RACE @ HOMSTEAD-MIAMI - Tuesday, January 7th @ 22 GMT . . . . . . . .

SCARTS Ticker 2016 . . . . . . . . 2019 POINTS SYSTEM - 30, 25, 22, 19, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - - Bonus Pts: +1 for each 10% led (max of +5 for 50%) . . . . . . . .

3 posters

Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation???

Burnout
    Burnout
    SCARTS League Director
    SCARTS League Director

2019 TC Cup Series : Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation??? 12_men10
    - Pole Count : 0
    - Win Count : 0
    - Top 3 Count : 0
    - Top 5 Count : 0
    2019 Throwback Series : #5 Farmers 2012
    - Pole Count : 1
    - Win Count : 1
    - Top 3 Count : 3
    - Top 5 Count : 4

Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation??? Empty Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation???

Post  Burnout Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 am

Here is a crash between Kyle Busch and Ron Hornaday in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway.

Ron and Kyle went three wide to pass a slower lap truck in Turn 1/2. The 33 truck got loose and slid up into Kyle in the 18 pushing him up into the outside wall. Both trucks appeared to drive away from that impact well but Kyle decides to payback Hornaday, shoving him through Turn 3/4 until he spins out. Kyle ended up getting tagged himself once successfully hooking Hornaday.

Should NASCAR draw the line here and bust Kyle Busch??? They are having a meeting to discuss the incident on Saturday (hearing Joe Gibbs is called in to attend).

You be the judge.

DerekE
    DerekE
    SCARTS Car Developer
    SCARTS Car Developer

2019 TC Cup Series : #14 Mobil 1 Chevy Logo

Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation??? Empty Re: Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation???

Post  DerekE Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Now that it's all been said and done, I'm going to go forth and say that it WAS a very stupid move on his part, but I can't expect less from that guy. Wink
    Shyguy
    Shyguy
    SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation??? Empty Re: Kyle Busch Senseless Retaliation???

Post  Shyguy Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:25 pm

They either gotta say "NO intentional wrecking of cars", or just let it happen. You can't wreck someone good or bad - there's so much randomness in it. I personally think the penalty for Ky. Busch was ridiculously harsh - if I ran NASCAR, sure I'd penalize him, but I'd also penalize Brian Vickers for his idiotic driving, I would of made Carl Edwards sit out a race or three for nearly killing Brad Keslowski that time, in fact, I would say no to intentional wrecking full stop. You are mad at someone, bump them out the way sure. Knock them out the groove, whatever. But intentionally wrecking someone, when you are going the speeds you are, is just plain dangerous.

So yeah, penalize em all or not at all.
    DerekE
    DerekE
    SCARTS Car Developer
    SCARTS Car Developer

Post  DerekE Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Actually, rumors say the penalties are still coming. Z-lines talking about wanting Hamlin to drive for Busch at Homestead in the Nationwide Series (which is official now), and actually there are other rumors about Almirola taking over the #18 Sprint Cup Car for the rest of the season as well.

Not to mention the possibility of losing M&Ms. They're pretty steamed. lol

EDIT: Not rumors, I don't even think this has even entered NASCAR's mind, but still, this is interesting that it's being brought up.
    Shyguy
    Shyguy
    SCARTS Admin
    SCARTS Admin

Post  Shyguy Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:28 am

How is THAT anywhere near as bad as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4I12wwBIE that
    DerekE
    DerekE
    SCARTS Car Developer
    SCARTS Car Developer

Post  DerekE Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:22 am

Shyguy wrote:How is THAT anywhere near as bad as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_4I12wwBIE that

Haha,when it comes to the quality and seriousness of a crash, that Atlanta crash was far worse. BUT, there are a few reasons why Busch's retaliation was penalized more.
    1: He is a MAJOR repeat offender. Surely, Edwards and Keselowski have dumped some drivers here and there, but Busch seemed to have made a career out of it.
    2: Busch's retaliation was during caution. If he wanted to do something, he should've waited till the green flag wove, and then do what he wanted to do while racing. Caution wreaking is kinda uncalled for.
    3: As far as I know, the trucks aren't as developed when it comes to safety as the Cup cars are. He could've seriously hurt someone.

There are probably more factors that play into it, but yeah, thats basically the main reasons.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am